Perhaps the most inconvenient and annoying thing that could happen in your home is a dysfunctional appliance, especially one that you use often. A dishwasher with drainage issues could have a clogged sewer line. Your kitchen sink’s water supply is connected to the dishwasher, as well as its drain system. If there is a clog in either of these, then your dishwasher won’t be functioning correctly. When you have a problem such as this you’ll need to hire a professional plumber in Downriver Michigan to get things back to working fast.
Signs You May Need to Hire a Plumber in Downriver Michigan
Slow-moving or clogged drains can cause the water in your home to back up and usually, when that happens it overflows somewhere. Either the dishwasher simply dumps the water on the floor or a toilet overflows. In either case, your home may experience water damage from this and when that happens all sorts of things can start to go wrong. Getting it repaired as quickly as possible and getting the water dried up is a must. However, if the problem isn’t addressed it’s bound to happen again which is why hiring a plumber is so important.
Whether the culprit for the clog is food, other debris, or something else entirely, it’s imperative that you get this checked out as soon as possible. You’ll want to have any necessary repairs made immediately. You may need to be on the lookout for the early signs that you have a drainage issue.
- Slow-Flowing Drain – If you notice the dishwasher or kitchen sink is taking longer to drain than it should, you likely have a clog in the kitchen sewer line. This is probably not a full clog, but it could easily become one, so you should seek help soon. By doing this, you’ll prevent a fully backed up sink or dishwasher.
- Water Backup – When your dishwasher is running and water starts to back up into your kitchen sink, there may be a serious problem at hand. One way to see if there is a true problem or not is to pause the dishwashing cycle and let your garbage disposal run. If there was any free debris in there, this can help to get it to pass through the lines and drains. You can then restart the dishwashing cycle and see if that corrected the problem. If there is still a problem with the water backing up, you should call a plumber to take a look.
- Gurgling – If you begin to notice a strange noise that sounds like bubbling or a gurgle, the water may be draining, but it is fighting to pass through a clog. This could be in the main drainage line or any of the secondary lines, so it’s important to get a plumber out as soon as you hear these noises so he can find the problem and unclog the lines!
- Unclean Dishes – Are you noticing that your dishes aren’t coming out of the dishwasher clean, then it likely did not fill with water and run like it was supposed to. If this is the case, you likely have a clog in the mainline of your water line or in the connection from the kitchen sink.
- Water Pooling – After the dishwashing cycle is complete, your dishwasher should have drained completely. If you find that there is standing water at the bottom of the dishwasher, then the water did not all drain out of the appliance. This means that there is a problem somewhere in the drain lines preventing the water from draining completely.
If you notice any of these issues, you likely have a clog on your hands and getting it repaired quickly to prevent water damage to your home is a must. This could be anything from a simple to a very complex clog and needs to be diagnosed as soon as possible. Call a plumber in Downriver Michigan as soon as you notice these issues so that you can have the problems repaired before they get worse. One of the best is Downriver Plumbers which has been in business for more than 20 years. They are a master plumber and can help with any drain issues you may be having in your home. Call today at 734-548-9925 for more details.